Saturday, August 9, 2008

20.) 07.08.08 My present

Today, just before I left to Iquitos for the weekend Angel made me a special gift.
He had been working all morning on a traditional lanza, which the inkas use for hunting with a gigantic bow. It is like a spear and arrow in one. When he finished it, he handed it over to me and said it is a gift for me. I didn´t know what to say.
It is absolutely beautiful and means so much to me. He made an especial short one for me so that I could take it on the plane. He said "take it to your country and tell them about the people that live in the jungle in Peru". I certainly will.

I have to make him a gift now before I leave and I think I allready know what..
One more week with them. I am starting to feel sad having to leave them so soon. I got used to their way and living with them. And I really respect them very much. What an amazing experience this all has been.. I think I will realize that even more, when I will have left.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joa - you rock!